PDA

View Full Version : Mystery switch and other questions

BikerBilly
12-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Well.. I have been nosing around in my fred crescendo and found a switch under the sink with a red indicater light and vaugly remember a post mentioning it but can't find it now. What does it do?? Also I have the leather seats in the cab and there is a lever on the right side of the seat that seems to pump on the passenger side but doesn't move on the driver side, once again, what does it do?? The dealers salesman who did the walkthrough with me knew less about this unit than I did so it wasn't much help.. :roll: Thanks..

Beaufort NC
12-09-2010, 07:34 PM
The switch is probably for the hot water heater (gas and electric).

BikerBilly
12-09-2010, 09:27 PM
The walkthrough guy said it was a gas only waterheater...Did I mention he wasn't as knowledgeable as he could have been? Thanks, I will look closer and try to find a manual.

RayChez1
12-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Yes it could be for an electric/gas water heater. Strange place for it, but it is a possibility.
I do have another switch that has a amber/red light on it and it is a block heater for the engine in the winter time.
But that one on mine is by the bed because mine is a diesel pusher. The one for the water heater on mine is on the bottom of the cabinets by the refrigerator and right over where the water heater is located just below.

RayChez1
12-09-2010, 09:35 PM
The walkthrough guy said it was a gas only waterheater...Did I mention he wasn't as knowledgeable as he could have been? Thanks, I will look closer and try to find a manual.

Turn the pilot switch off for the LP and turn the mystery switch on and see if it warms up the water. It takes a little longer then the LP, but I know that mine works really good. I believe there is a select switch also on the outside of the water heater. Can't remember if that was my last coach or the one we have now.
I do believe that was on my gasoline coach, not sure on the Scenic Cruiser.

RJ82much
12-09-2010, 09:48 PM
If you truly have a gas/electric waterheater, then there is a circuit breaker switch in the exterior compartment. Sometimes the switch is difficult to find because it is behind the gas flue or gas supply. There is a wire clip thru the switch handle to prevent operation to on.

If there is a switch, remove the clip, flip the switch to the "on" position (assuming there is water in the heater). Then proceed to RayChez's test.

BikerBilly
12-22-2010, 09:24 AM
I have got to start looking before I ask.. The seat lever is to release the seat to rotate, and the switch is a pre-wire for an electric water heater, which I don't have, but am wired for. Thanks for your input.