PDA

View Full Version : 2007 sunvoyager 8389 FRED (330hp Cummins)

Jobuha
01-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Just wondering if any has replaced the air cleaner on the 300HP FRED. Is it a replacement filter? Or do you replace the housing also. How do you get it out of the coach. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Jobuha
01-14-2011, 06:28 PM
guess I am the only person that has this unit or at least wants to replace his air filter instead of taking into the shop.

BikerBilly
01-15-2011, 07:27 AM
I have a crescendo fred and have been wondering the same thing...I'm guessing it involves pulling up the carpet and cover inside but thats as far as I have thought it through. :lol:

RayChez1
01-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Not sure about a FRED, but on my diesel pusher it is a big 10x24 inch canister filter that you throw the whole thing away. Cost me $124.00 bucks. :shock:

Jobuha
02-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Ok, Decided to go and tackle the air filter. Started out changing the oil and filter, then moved to the transmission and filter, figured since i was on my back under the coach i might as well change the fuel filter. With all that done I raised the front of the coach with the jacks and commenced removing the air filter, Two 1/2 hose clamps and two buckle clamps and the unit was removed. Then off to the local FREIGHTLINER shop for a replacement filter. Was looking at paying 125.00 to 200.00 for the filter. Gave it to the clerk behind the desk and he went to the back with a new one, handed me the bill and I was extremely shocked with the price. 56.00 for the air filter, so I bought 2. Went back to the house and 15 minutes later filter installed and coach started. Getting ready for the NASCAR season, I am ready to roll, Next week will be the WASH AND WAX week. Now Its MILLER TIME................

RayChez1
02-12-2011, 07:19 PM
You are lucky to have a filter that only costs fifty six dollars. On mine it is a huge throw away canister filter and it costs $125.00 give or take. And it is kind of hard taking those six inch hoses off.