PDA

View Full Version : Annual Wax Job for the Nova

Texas TC
01-14-2011, 07:12 AM
I set up my annual waxing appointment at Camping World. This is the third year I have gone through this process. Each February, they run a 20% off special on all service which includes their "spa" treatments.

My SuperNova stays outside all year either on the road or next to my house on a pad. I feel that my annual spa treatment has helped to keep it looking like new.

They charge $8.95 per foot before the 10% Presidents Club discount and the 20% February Special to wash and hand wax the coach. My 6331 is considered 33' to them so it costs me a couple hundred bucks for the thorough wash and hand wax. I am always amazed at how good a job they do on the cab-over area. They have scaffolding set up to get to that area which is almost worth the price to wax the entire coach for me. I don't have the right equipment and am way too old to hang off the roof or a ladder to get to the area over the cab.

LabCab
01-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Excellent idea. I'm sure it's worth the money. And I don't want to do it.
As soon as some of this 4 Storms worth of Snow goes down, I'm
going to try to follow in your footsteps :lol:

Texas TC
03-08-2011, 08:47 PM
A little followup on this episode. I took the coach in for the annual wax/exterior detail job on February 10. I got it back the next day as promised. Got it late in the day and did not have a chance to look over it very thoroughly. The next day, I looked closely at it and they had done a terrible job. There were buffer marks all over the side of the coach and on the cab overhang. I went back up to Camping World and told them how disappointed I was. This was the third year they had waxed the Nova and this time was absolutely bad. They offered a full refund but I declined. I just wanted it done right. We were on our way out to visit the kids and grand kids in Arizona so I made an appointment to take it in when I returned.

I have to give them a big thumbs up. They re-waxed my coach and got all the buffer marks out. I talked to the shop foreman and he said they used a Meguiars product and it did great. I told them that I wanted them to always use this product. He assured me that they would be using it on all dark colored coaches in the future.

I am just glad there are still companies out there that will stand behind their services. Hooray for Camping World of Denton, Texas!

TxTC