PDA

View Full Version : Nova Sat all Winter

fastkart74
03-19-2011, 10:10 AM
OK, so I have no excuse cept I am a woman! Chassis battery turns over too slow to start and house batteries are dead. Then I thought, what about the fuel? Is it one big glob? Any suggestions before I jump chassis and hope like heck? Should I put in an additive and fill up, if I can get it going that is. Husband is recovering from a stroke and forgets things alot. I thought just maybe he would remember to go check and start once in awhile. Guess not. I should have been more diligent. Getting ready to go back to lot in a little while so any help would be great!

Janice

Texas TC
03-19-2011, 11:30 AM
If it were me, I would put in some Power Service Diesel 911 and let the diesel re-liquefy before I jumped the battery.

http://www.powerservice.com/d911/

I usually get my Power Service products at Wal-Mart.

Good luck,

TxTC

fastkart74
03-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks Texas TC! I knew you would come thru for me. I will go now and get the additive. How long does that usually take? If I jump house batteries first will that help chassis battery turn over faster?

Texas TC
03-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I would give the additive about 45 minutes. If you charge your house batteries, you can use the emergency start switch to boost your chassis batteries. It is located on the left side of the lower dash area. Hold it open for a short time and then start the coach engine using all four batteries. Also, after you get the house batteries partially charged or jumped, you can start the generator and it should charge the house batteries to full charge very quickly. However, don't start the generator until the additive has had time to work, it runs off the same stale diesel as your engine!

TxTC

fastkart74
03-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Well, that was all for not. I don't know what we are doing wrong but couldn't get house batteries to charge enough to do anything! Needless to say the same with the chassis batteries. I know the house batteries took a little charge as that darn alarm that goes off when your batteries are low was ringing away, but not enough juice to even turn water pump on. I can't believe I have four batteries taken a poop at the same time? Don't know what to do next.

Texas TC
03-19-2011, 06:23 PM
My batteries are original. That means they are almost four years old. Here's what I do:

1. Keep the water level topped off on the house batteries. When I got the coach, I installed an easy fill device I bought from Camping World that allows me to fill both batteries by pumping water out of a gallon jug of water into a tube that fills all the cells at the same time. I do this pretty much monthly.

2. Keep the coach plugged into electricity. That keeps the house batteries charged all the time.

3. Installed a Trik-L-Start unit between the house and chassis batteries that keeps the chassis batteries charged all the time.

http://www.lslproducts.com/TLSPage.html

It looks like you are going to have to replace all four batteries. When you do, I highly recommend you follow the procedure outlined above to put off purchasing new batteries in the future as long as possible.

Good luck,

TxTC