PDA

View Full Version : Nova shocks

Georunner
03-19-2011, 09:55 PM
I just put shocks on our 34 ft Super Nova. What a world of difference they make! They may not smooth out the ride like an air suspension would, but for those of you who can't put the air suspension in your budget, you should consider the shocks.

Texas TC
03-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Great news!!!! It is always nice when a plan comes together.

TxTC

michaelmangine
03-20-2011, 07:53 PM
what was the cost?

schmittm
03-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Below is copied from a post I made a year ago. I had shocks done and it made a big difference too. It was done at the International dealer in Yakima WA. Call there and ask for Dan in service.

I have a 2008 6372 Supernova that I just picked up new, dealer in CA went bellyup so got a great deal. First I had to have the gears in the rearend changed to 529. One phone call is all it took and International called me, set it up, ordered a complete rearend assembly and had it ready to install in one week. At install the went through and upgraded ECM, one of the parameters is speed limiter, I asked them to set at 85 and they did. When they were done with they printed out a sheet with all the setting for the ECM. International's service was great and all covered by Warranty.
While I was there I had them install shocks on the coach. They did it for $566.00. It was parts plus 2.5 hours of labor. They did not have to take the wheels off to do it. Like the previous post, shocks made a huge difference in the 70 mile ride home and after having the ECM updated it seemed to run smoother.

Georunner
03-21-2011, 08:31 PM
it cost $900 here in Colorado. the parts were $620. my International dealer wanted nothing to do with thw installation, so i went. to a truck spring and suspension shop to have them installed.

Texas TC
03-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Around $900 is what I was quoted at Southwest International in Dallas when I decided to go with the air suspension system.