PDA

View Full Version : GulfStream will not honor warranty

nomad
04-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Bought a brand new Gulfstream.

After 4 months went to have warranty work done and was told

" dealer did not register the sale - no warranty work will be done"

WTH ? I have all kinds of proof of purchase ..... stay away from anything with Gulfstream on it.

Timothy
04-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Sounds like a dealer issue, did you ask them to register it, or why they didn't?

ronny white
08-17-2016, 08:53 AM
AMEN

RVtech
06-18-2017, 11:08 AM
There's only one reason I bought a gulfstream trailer. I was adamant about staying away from membrane (rubber) roofs.also I wanted spring axles and not torsion. but what I found out about their quality control was eye opening. First of all, theres a channel in the rear of the trailer on the floor of the back wall. this has got water lines, 12v wires and romex 120v. When they stapled the 45 degree panel over this channel, that managed to hit every 12v line and even the romex. Thank god that the staples never directly shorted out. the wires eventually oxidized and turned into green powder from moisture. I chased them all down and replaced them not even wishing to try and get our local trailer sales people involved. Next is the power awning. It would always roll out easy but was very slow to retract. This was due to corrosion on the breakers located on the inside of the frame rail just behind the tongue. no weatherproof housing, just out there in the open. Grote makes a product called "Truck Lite Grease" this is far superior to dielectric grease due to the mild acid content of the grease. keeps the copper bright and shiny. last but not least, their radio/DVD player draws over 10 amps when it's off, definitely pulled fuse#4. Good thing I work for an RV/horse trailer company as a warranty mechanic and can get parts at cost. To give credit where credit is due, The frame and tongue are pleasantly oversized along with the bumper. the shell seems rugged but the silicone application looks and seals like S***.

RayChez1
06-20-2017, 12:16 PM
Take them to small claims court. You will win the case.
And if they do not want to honor the repairs, put a lien against their checking account.

I had to do that before with a automobile dealer. As soon as they saw what I was about to do, they paid me back right away.