PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream BT Cruiser 5230 Reputation and Your Help?

ziprun
04-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Folks, greetings from a new forum user. I posted this elsewhere before locating this site dedicated to GS owners.

I'm joined with some friends who have been helping me research product for upcoming purchase.

We found a pair of BT Cruiser's 5230's and had pretty much settled, we thought on 5230's, private and/or dealer units are available.

Then came my search for reviews/complaints.

Of note, the National BBB gave the GS Corp in Indiana a C- rating over shotty workmanship and refusing to honor warranties.

Would appreciate your input 2004 BT Cruiser's, model 5230?

I know what they say about opinions 2 --but both sides would be helpful. We may just move onto another brand.

The models are low mileage 10-13K, say well maintained, GREAT/Excellent condition. But for some real owners out there, can you give us some advice -- from leaking issues (I hear a lot), to squeaking?, recalls?

Your help most appreciated and if the moderator thinks this is more appropriate in another BT forum, that is fine. I look forward to your responses.

jmj437
05-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Gentlemen,

I have a 2004 Gulfstream BT Cruiser model 5270 not a 5230. I realize this is not the model you want info on but I will give you a short history on my unit. RV had one slide out.

I purchased it in Februrary of 2010 for a used RV dealer here in Florida. The unit had 16,000 mile on it when I purchased it and also had new tire on it. It did need some TLC. It needed a good cleaning and an exterior wax job.

I have put over 5,000 on it since I purchased the unit. The unit has been a dream to drive and no problems at all.
I have changed the oil twice, change the fuel filter and lube the front end. I waxed the complete unit using a buffer and the unit looks like new. Did some maintenace on the on board generator like fuel and oil filter change.

I have had no problem with it at all. No mechanical , water leaks, nothing so far. I now have 22,645 miles on it. I average 9.3 MPG highway using cruiser control with overdrive on. My average speed is 60 to 62 MPH.

If you want any more info, please contact me.