PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to the forum

RBK
04-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi from NC. Used to camp as a kid till my dad split on my sister and I. Anyway, I am now in my late 40's and have 2 small children ages 3 and 9. My wife's idea of camping is sleeping in a hotel so I bought a 2006 Gulfstream Cavalier (FEMA) for the kids and I to start camping in. I pick it up tomorrow and can't wait to go through it. It is very clean inside and out. Just needs a good cleaning hopefully. Anyone out there have any thing I need to keep my on? The salesman at Campers Inn is great. I look forward to picking the brains of more experienced campers out there.

Rob

Timothy
04-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Hi Rob and welcome to the forum. I hope your family has lots of great camping fun, who knows your wife might want to come along after she hears of all the great times your haveing!

RBK
05-03-2011, 11:25 AM
I hope she gets into it too. I do have a problem though. I had an electrician install a 30 amp box to plug it up too. Obviously the guy didn't know what he was doing and wired it 220 which fried my regulators. He knows he made a mistake and wants to make it right. Any idea how much these cost? The fridge and microwave will work but the low voltage lights etc will not reset. Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

Timothy
05-03-2011, 04:23 PM
They usually run around 2 to 4 hundred, depending on the output. Any RV dealer that has a service department in your area should be able to help you. Here is a link to what Camping World has.

http://www.campingworld.com/search/index.cfm?Ntt=converters&N=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=p_keyword&Nty=1&Ntpc=1

RBK
05-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the link.