PDA

View Full Version : newbie questions

rcktfanatic
08-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Hello all,
I will be going on the maiden voyage next weekend. Question...Do I need to drain and refill my clear water tank before each voyage? Question 2.. When I hook up to city water at a site are there any valves that have to closed or do you just hook up and use the water? Question 3... Upon drainig the black water tank, do I then add chemicals or do you add water then chemicals?

Thanks for reading, Pat :roll:

Timothy
08-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum!
If you have water hookups at the campground you don't need to put any water in your tank, if you like to carry water you can leave it in the tank, just add a freshner or a very small amount of bleach once in awhile.

When you hook up water at the site just make sure your water pump is off, no valves to change, there is a built in check valve in your city water hookup.

Make sure your Black water tank is at least 2/3 full before you empty it, if not add water then empty, this will prevent plug ups. After your tank is empty add about 5 gallons of water and then the chemical. At the end of the year flush the tank out good and leave the dump valve open until it's dried out, then close the valve and winterize.

Good Luck....Tim

Retird2Golf
08-22-2006, 08:25 AM
:D Hey Pat, Welcome to the forum. Lots of great people with good ideas and experience.

I agree with all Tim said .............Except .............. the "drying out" part.

When you "dry out " the black tank, any TP or Solids residue will "cake"
in the tank. They ALWAYS seem to find the sensors. Keep them wet!!

I always travel with 5gals or so in each tank, add your chems, and let it
Slosh and work for you.

Best regards, Clyde

rcktfanatic
08-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks You,Thanks You,Thanks You!

This is the best board I have found yet. :D

Pat

Timothy
08-22-2006, 09:20 PM
:D Hey Pat, Welcome to the forum. Lots of great people with good ideas and experience.

I agree with all Tim said .............Except .............. the "drying out" part.

When you "dry out " the black tank, any TP or Solids residue will "cake"
in the tank. They ALWAYS seem to find the sensors. Keep them wet!!

I always travel with 5gals or so in each tank, add your chems, and let it
Slosh and work for you.

Best regards, Clyde

Well, up here in the great white north you want it to dry, if you don't you would end up with cracked valves! That's also why I said to flush it out good at the end of the season. Probably a moot point though as I see that Pat is from Texas! I'm so jealous of you that can camp all year!