PDA

View Full Version : Owners of Visa 19ERD

mrstator
07-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Hey have a question....does anyone with the Visa know if you can pull something behind the trailer with the bumper it comes with....we are wondering if we would be able to pull a small trailer with small jet ski probably no more than 400 lbs hubby thinks . If you can what kind of set up would a person get to mount to the bumper...thanks...hope someone has some info on this...Sherry

toaobigal
07-28-2011, 06:34 AM
I don't think the rear bumber is sturdy enough to install a hitch on it. You would need to either replace or re enforce the bumper and I don't know if the frame of the trailer can take that. Another thing: forget about backing up with a set-up like that. I'm not sure what the laws are in the U.S, but it could even be illegal. You could check with a place that does hitch, see what they think.

DonMitsu
07-28-2011, 08:46 PM
We put a receiver hitch on our Visa for a 4 bike rack and it works well, I'm not sure I would tow with it though

jandmz
07-29-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure what the laws are in the U.S, but it could even be illegal. You could check with a place that does hitch, see what they think.

The laws on "Triple towing", as this practice is called, vary from state to state. For example, some states prohibit the practice entirely (NY, NJ, PA and others). Some states have a maximum length for the combined vehicles. In Illinois, you can only triple tow if the first trailer is a 5th wheel.

I don't know how accurate the information is, but you can find a summary by state at:

http://www.readybrake.com/state_laws.html#OH

That said, I think a PWC and trailer combination would be more in the 900 to 1100 lb range. I don't think I would try it with a VIsa, especially with a bumper hitch.

kim
08-29-2017, 12:35 PM
Totally agree... :)

philabele
09-19-2017, 08:01 PM
One word of advice. Don't. Anything attached only to the rear bumper will fall off in time. It is cheap U Channel welded onto two protruding frame members. Anything attached only to the bumper will fail. Some owners have added stabilizing structure to both the bumper and the frame which seems to ad sufficient strength to carry a bike rack. Adding a tow receiver to pull a trailer wold be a bad idea.