PDA

View Full Version : Advice on 2006 Fema/GS travel trailer

mike32328
08-12-2011, 12:27 AM
We are downsizing from a single-wide mobile home and just bought a 2006 GS Fema trailer which we like, but are have a couple issues. We are not familar with campers, so please bear with us...First, the air unit comes on and blows air, but the compressor seems to never come on. (No cool air and it's hot here in Florida) and Second, when we hooked up the city water connection, we have no water at all, like there is maybe a valve somewhere that needs turning on? Also tried to remove the cover on the thermostat thinking may a wire not making a good connection, but can't get the cover off :x . Anyone with any advice would be greatly appreciated.

GizmoJax
02-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah, what he said!

When I bought mine, the thermostat would run the fan but the compressor never kicked in. I figure the thermostat must be okay, so I bypassed the control board and proved that with 120V to the compressor it ran just fine. Jumpered around the board, and we ran it long enough to prove it was good, cooled the cabin in Tampa Bay in July. Bought an electronics kit. Replaced the control board; that was a pain in the butt. No change. Pulled the thermostat to replace it and found a wire loose between the thermostat's pigtail cable and the cable thru the wall. Bad word. Loudly. Everything runs fine, now. And I have a spare control board and thermostat if I ever need them.
Nuthin' wrong with my Cavalier now except the roof leaks.....

Hummingbird
03-27-2012, 01:59 AM
Did you use the roof paint? It worked for my class C that was like a waterfall the first time I took it out. Creative use of screenhouse poles and my biggest pots and pans did the trick for a couple of days. Just had to dump them. I just painted that silver stuff for house trailer leaks. Not pretty, but only a helicoptter is looking at the top! :lol: