PDA

View Full Version : Amerilite 21 MB Cable TV

YellowXterra
08-17-2011, 05:59 PM
I am having issues with my cable TV picture in short IT SUCKS and is unwatchable. The Antenna Pix is great when I am in range of a big city. Does anyone have a clue or drawing as to how the coax is run in the walls and roof?

Thanks

anoldman
08-17-2011, 09:09 PM
My 21mb has the same issue. I had terrible reception on the cable and the picture really went bad if I ran the bathroom or stove hood fans. I tried to discover the routing of the cable wire back when I moved my TV from the refirgerator to the opposite end of the kitchen cabinet. I know the cable does not go directly over the microwave but instead heads toward the camper door from the connector over the refrigerator. When I discovered my reception problem I ran a new cable from the TV down the wall and through the lower cabinet. It exits the camper with the power cord now and my cable TV works fine. I have to disconnect the cable and attach the antenna to the TV for local channels now, but at least it works. My fix is not a good one, but since I was several miles from home at the time it got me by. I too hope to trace down the wiring and fix it right some day. Apparently this is not an isolated problem with these campers.

Roy Buzzard
08-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Not uncommon problem, I found poorly crimped connectors on mine. That is easy to repair.
What is harder is if a screw was run through the cable somewhere.

YellowXterra
08-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks Guys