PDA

View Full Version : Bedroom slide cables

martha123
09-07-2011, 05:11 PM
On our Sun Voyager 2004, there are steel cables on the back bedroom slides. We have replaced both sides in the last couple of years and now another one broke. This doesn't make any sense to me. Is there something we are not doing?

Luckiest Dreamer
09-07-2011, 10:00 PM
I was told the cables need to be straight. That means that if the brackets that the cables are attached to on the slide is even slightly out of a straight pull that as you travel the cable at that bend will vibrate. This vibration is similar to taking a single strand of wire and continuosly bend back and forth until it breaks. Is the break near the end? The end probably has a small mushroom like piece that is used to attach it. Mine broke right against that end. You can order new cables from the slide mec. manufacturer. If this is the case you can adjust the bracket up and down and use washers as spacers to shim the bracket until in alignment.

RayChez1
09-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Seems like the slide might need lubrication if the cables are breaking. There should not be that much pressure for your slides to go in and out.