View Full Version : electrical - bathroom lights

Kate P
09-12-2011, 12:47 PM
We were installing a new ceiling light and the black and white wires accidently touched. All the lights in the back bathroom immediately went out. We checked the fuse box in the bedroom but we did not blow a fuse and all of the other electical connections are working. Does anyone know if there are fuses anywhere else that may have been blown. Or, do we have another problem. We have a 09 tourmaster.

Kate P
09-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Sorry to have bothered you with this post. We are not sure why, but the light is working.

09-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Kate, if it is not a fuse, then check your circuit breakers. Usually they are by the bed box.

David Bott
09-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Ray...I do not think the 12v system has circuit breakers like that. Normally a fused system or a self resetting fuse/breaker. (Though not usually on 12v lighting.) These are usually a car type fuse in a box somewhere. In my 08 Tour aster they are under the refrigerator.

09-28-2011, 10:54 AM
There are only three things that will trip if you cause a short. On twelve volt systems it is a fuse some where. On my Gulf stream coach the fuses are in a big compartment in the front of the coach on the drivers side. You will have a schematic on the wall of the compartment telling you what every fuse is for.

The second thing that could trip off are your GFCI outlet breakers. One would be under your overhead cabinet, usually by the kitchen sink or microwave oven and the second would be in the bathroom outlet by a sink. Just press the button in the center to reset them.

The third to trip off would be your 110 volt circuit breakers, and if your coach is like mine it has lights that are both 110 volts and 12 volts. If you are hooked up to shore power your lights work through the circuit breakers and if there is a short on a 110 circuit it will trip your circuit breakers.

I have not seen a circuit breaker on a coach that resets itself. It would be a very dangerous thing to have if you had a direct short because it could start a fire.