PDA

View Full Version : Spray Port on 2008 Kingsport 182 lite

krwarbington
09-13-2011, 07:38 AM
I recently purchased a used Kingsport 182 lite and above the city water outlet there is a outlet marked "spray port". What is it and how does it work? Any help would be appreciated

KristinU
09-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Congrats on your new camper!

We have a spray port on ours as well. That spot allows you to hook up a hose with a spray nozzle (like a garden sprayer.) Our hose is blue...check your hatches and see if it is in one of them...kind of a coiled up hose, not terribly long. Handy for rinsing off the camper, muddy feet, etc, but not quite functional as a shower since it isn't attached to hot water.

If it isn't in the hatches, I'd assume you could pick up a replacement from any RV parts and accessory place.

toaobigal
09-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Mine is just like Kristin's. I was told it's there to clean your sewer hose or rather rinse it before you put it away.

krwarbington
09-14-2011, 01:03 PM
I did find a blue coil type hose with a quick disconnect coupling on one end that looks like it will attach to the spray port so my next question would be, how do you turn on the water to it?

toaobigal
09-14-2011, 06:43 PM
That quick works like a air hose in a garage: in your case the water pressure is already there . just plug the hose in that fitting and assuming you have water hooked up, when you squeeze the water gun, there will be water coming out. If you are getting water from the fresh water tank, don't forget to turn on the pump.

highrez58
04-08-2018, 06:46 PM
We have the blue coiled hose but can't determine how it fits into the port. Do we need some kind of adapter?