PDA

View Full Version : Amerilite wall A/C

Dontexas
10-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Picking up our new 16BH next week. This will be our first experience with the wall mounted A/C....

How efficient are these units ? We are in South Texas where it gets used a lot......

Also, what is the amperage draw for these units ? Need info for generator sizing....

Thanks for the info........

Dontexas
10-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Any help out there ??????????

Timothy
10-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Sorry I can't help you with your wall AC its new to me. This must be a newer design perhaps thats the reason for lack of response.
Good luck with your new trailer.....Tim.

Dontexas
10-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks, Tim. Picked it up yesterday and we are on a week long shakedown cruise. The dealer was 340 miles from home so we decided to make an event out of it.

So far the A/C has worked well, but it has not been hot. Documentation sucks, no specs at all and it is a GE unit. Internet search not much help.... Oh well, nothing like hands on for experience........

KristinU
10-14-2011, 06:21 PM
I can give you my two cents, but it might not be worth much. We used to have an Aliner, which uses wall units. Much, much smaller amount of cubic feet, but I can say that our little A chilled down cold and fast. I want to say that was a 6000 BTU unit. Also, we live in Connecticut where many houses are older and don't have a/c, including ours. So from that frame of reference I can vouch that wall units do just fine. Although we don't get the extreme heat that you guys do in TX...but we do get the heat and humidity mix and our wall/window units do just fine.

Timothy
10-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Hope you have a great trip. We our on our last weekend outing as things are closing up here in Wisconsin. Will be winterizing after this weeked :(