PDA

View Full Version : New Owner of 06 FEMA

Tareece
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Well, I went ahead and bought a 06 cavalier....
I did not know about the history of the trailer...and after learning about the 'flaws', I'm a little perturbed but am still overwhelmingly pleased with the camper...for multitude of reasons.
1) it came cheap... 2700
2) it will be temporary shelter on our newly purchased hunting/fishing land...
3) I can remove evry bit of the furnishings and appliances and put them into the cabins we will build

The camper chks out and does have the feared front bedroom leak (ceiling has a soft buldge that 'crunches' when I press up) and the shower I fear also has a leak (I am replacing the vent assembly and noticed black water stains in the studs when I took the assembly off...BUT the vent lever was broken and that allowed the cover to flop open for extended times.)

All appliances i've tried, have chk'd out.
I'll need a 110 rv adapter to connect to normal power source like a genny...
I'll be hooking up solar to it soon and will be looking to get a dc-to-ac converter. I'll have to chk out the converter but I'll have to look into how this conver is different from what I am wanting....

So, it will be trailered once 300 miles. It will not be used as a camper... it will be parked until we have a cabin or 2 built. We will put up a "camper port' to protect it from weather.... then we'll use that building as a cookout pavillion.