PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning Starting Capacitors Issue

tarheel
11-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Earlier this year I had a problem with the air conditioning unit in the bedroom of my "07 Tourmaster while in Wyoming. I found a local RV tech that took care of the problem and it was the starting capacitor on the Dometic air conditoning unit. While replacing it, he told me that if he had another one with him he would replace the front one before it went bad because that particular unit was designed with a capacitor that most were failing. He also said that he had replaced a dozen in the past couple of weeks before fixing mine. A couple of weeks ago my front unit went out and tripped the generator breaker. I had it replaced yesterday. I don't know the model of my Dometic unit, but the purpose of posting this is to suggest if you have one or your units with this problem, have the others replaced at the same time and save the grief of losing another one on a day when the temps are in the 90's.

Dick

keikomika
11-11-2011, 06:32 PM
I have to say that back in August 2011 when the temps in the midwest were over 100, I had the same thing happen. The front start capacitor went out. The local RV shop had to order the part. Of course, they did not order 2 of them because a week later, the bedroom A/C unit had the same problem ...Had to go and order another capacitor. Good idea to replace them both...