PDA

View Full Version : SEEKING INFO ON GULF STREAM-SOON TO BE NEW OWNER

dmatt
09-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Well, we are looking for a Class C, haven't decided whether new or used. Would like to stay in the 29'-30' range. Can anyone give me some info on the Conquest (6280 & 6295) or Independence (6280 & 6295)? What are the differences in these models?

Any other info on Gulf Stream, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks

Retird2Golf
09-08-2006, 05:08 PM
dmatt, GulfStream makes a very good product. Compared to some other brands, there prodcut is finished very nicely and has a lot of good features you would not find in others.

Now dont let me paint a rosey pictures, they have their gliches in manufacturing, but all things considered, I will by another GulfStream.

Best Regards, Clyde

dmatt
09-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks, that is what I've have been reading. They don't seem to be as large as Fleetwood and Winn. so there isn't as much out there info wise.

GStream40
09-08-2006, 10:38 PM
dmatt,

As Clyde has pointed out Gulf Stream offers better quality than most others and do have very nice fit and finish in/on their products.

No, Gulf Stream is not as large as Fleetwood and others. Gulf Stream is a family owned business, owned by the Shea family. As such they also do not have stockholders to answer to, but they do listen to their customers, as shown by the roundtable meetings that are held every year at the GulfStreamers Back Home Rally. There has been product improvements implemented that were suggested at these round tables in past years.

We are the proud owners of our second Gulf Stream coach, so that in itself speaks of what we think of Gulf Stream.

Ron

dmatt
09-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the replies....wow, site seems a little slow right now, everyone must be on the road :wink:

GStream40
09-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the replies....wow, site seems a little slow right now, everyone must be on the road :wink:

Goes to show that GS owners enjoy their RV's. :)

Ron

AmericanGypsea
09-14-2006, 03:41 AM
dmatt~

What has you settled on a Conquest? I looked at them online...they're nice. We've settled on GS, leaning heavily on the Vista Cruiser Mini. Just wondering what has you leaining on the Conquest.

Thanks,

dmatt
09-14-2006, 09:40 AM
dmatt~

What has you settled on a Conquest? I looked at them online...they're nice. We've settled on GS, leaning heavily on the Vista Cruiser Mini. Just wondering what has you leaining on the Conquest.

Thanks,

I really haven't settled on one or the other at this point. I''ve only seen them online and like the layout. Plus, I am looking for a smaller C, rather than the bigger 31'er. Still haven't seen one in person yet.

Maggie
09-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Take a good look at the BT. We love ours. As some of the others
have mention Gulf Stream is a small company, but the BT has been
one of the top sellers in the country for the last couple of years.
We are on out 3rd Gulf Stream starting with a 1990. Yes, we have
had some problems, that i will admit. But Gulf Stream has always been willing to make it right , that says a whole lot about the company.

When you buy your Gulf Stream be sure and join the Gulf Stream club as
well as a local chapter. Also don't forget FMCA. It has many advantages.
You will get a lot more out of your RV when you share experiences with
others.
Maggie

dmatt
09-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Yup, the BT is very nice. However, the family (should say KIDS ) really wants the bed over cab feature. I haven't been able to see for sure, but it doesn't look like that is available on the BT, am I mistaken?

hpytravlr
09-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Dmatt,

You are right. The BT Cruisers do not have the bed over the cab feature. Good luck on your search for a new RV.

Penny
2006 BT Cruiser 5290

coolchas11
09-25-2006, 08:56 AM
I would surely buy another GS. Finishing work is very good, and often superior to other manufacturers. Floor plans are better than most. We had a BT for about a week, but traded it for a Sun Voyager. Size and kitchen set-up were the problems. Enjoy whatever you purchase.