PDA

View Full Version : New Generator purchase

Dontexas
12-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Well, I bit the bullet and bought a generator. I have lusted for a generator for a while and finally found what I consider a good deal.

I bought a Champion 2000w Inverter Generator at Sam’s Club in McAllen, Tx today. The price was $299.81. It was $498 at the Sam‘s in Brownsville.

I looked long and hard and just could not justify the “red box” cost. Was waiting to by one at the $498 price when this opportunity came along.

We have a small trailer and this will do us fine, It is small and compact and will provide the power we need. It will come in handy when I want to piddle around with our TT in the storage area. This just about completes my Christmas shopping list….

Dontexas
12-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Finally got to test generator with my new kill-a-watt. Generator puts out a good 124.8 volts. Running with the normal parasitic load and the battery charger the draw was 1.43A/107W in Econo mode, 1.71A/133W with Econo mode off...

Add the fridge the total load was 2.66A/298W.

With fridge off and A/C on low draw was 3.95A/460W. A/C on high load was 4.69A/515W.

Gen ran very well, started easy and was very quiet.... This will be a good match for our little TT.

anoldman
01-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Sounds like you made a good choice in that generator. I considered one of those last spring but wound up buying a Yamaha instead. So far the only time that Yamaha has been run was to test it. It works great and is very quiet, but I still tear up when I think of the money I paid for it. I keep on hauling it around just in case, but a cheaper one would do just fine for the rare occasion when I do need one.
Happy Camping!