PDA

View Full Version : Power Gear Electric Levers will not retract.

nailerman
12-30-2011, 10:21 AM
I have Power electric levelers in my Gulfstream Supernova. I became stuck in mud and used the jacks to lift one side of the RV so I could put boards under the wheels on the right side. Now I cannot get the leveler to retract. AFter following are troubleshooting guides in the field, I think it might be the 100 Amp Breaker for the system. What do you think? Where did Gulfstream put this breaker?

I have someone coming Monday to help get them down. If all it is is resetting the breaker, I can handle it. Gulfstream does not tell you where they installed it.

Texas TC
12-30-2011, 01:45 PM
My jacks got stuck down one time. I called Coachnet and they promptly sent out a mobile technician. To make a long story short, he managed to retract the jack by hooking up a 12 volt battery to the contact points under the boot at the top of the jack. By reversing the polarity, the jack responded and raised. We used the battery out of one of my toys because it was on the pad next to my home when it happened. The 12 v battery out of my Polaris RZR UTV did the trick. My extended warranty paid for a new jack on that occasion.

One other thing it could be is that those things are monitored by magnets to keep the jack from extending too far. When Southwest International installed my ACE are ride system, they put the jacks down while the coach was in the air to make sure they were working. Since there was no pressure on it, one jack went past the magnet and I had to take it to the RV dealer to have them re-set that jack and rework the magnet. In this case, they could use the manual method of turning the bolt near the top of the jack that allows you to manually retract the electric jacks.

As far as electrical, I know of two places on my SuperNova that had coach and chassis fuses and breakers. One was under the hood and the other was behind a panel in front of the passenger seat. The second location would be the one I would check because that is where GS put most of the house/chassis interface fuses. The house breakers, on my coach, were in a panel below the stove near the floor. It had a plastic cover that could be popped off the get to the breaker switches. I doubt you will find any help there because they were for the 110 circuits and the jacks are on the 12 v side.

Good luck!!!

TxTC