PDA

View Full Version : CB Antenna Location

kandsb
02-16-2012, 11:11 AM
We want to mount a cb radio on our class c the location of the attena is the problem. I want to mount it on the left front about the drivers door on the side but not sure what kind of mount to useattenna will be firestick ngp but not sure if side mount can be used. ANy discussion?

[email protected]

LabCab
02-16-2012, 03:34 PM
What I did for both the CB on the Drivers side and my Sirius radio on the Passenger side was use the top of the mirrors. The reception is fine all the way around. You can snake the cable through the rubber gaskets on the vent windows so they are concealed and work them up to where you want them. Hope that helps.

Georunner
02-16-2012, 04:03 PM
That sure helps a lot for me. I hate drilling holes in the roof of anything and was trying to figure out where to put a Sirius antennae. Thanks

LabCab
02-16-2012, 05:42 PM
I found the best antenna to be TRAM 2315 XM or SIRIUS. You can find them on Ebay about $30.00 with the Buy it Now.
they clamp on the mirror frame, winde the wire neatly around the the bracket in through the vent gasket WaLa!
No leaks no cuts on the gasket. Just like it was with a working antenna. Hope this helps. :D

Hawk
02-17-2012, 10:25 AM
We're talking about a 'CB' antenna, correct?
For all practical purposes I just got one of those small Hustler 'magnetic' mount antennas and placed it to the rear of the front hood, driver's side of my Class C Chevy chassis. Ran the cable into the engine compartment, through the driver's fender, coming out of the driver's door hinge area and onto the interior dash underneath the dash mat.

Radio reception and transmission is much better than I had anticipated. Works for me, and no holes drilled. 8)

LabCab
02-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Sorry for any confussion, but I am referring to a Super Nova in the International set up 6362 Series. There is no metal in the front (ie. Hood overhang roof) on the Supernova it's fibergalss. I'm talking about both a Sirius and a CB antenna's.