PDA

View Full Version : Broken Spring Shackle Bracket

Jim forgrave
06-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Has anyone else ever had their suspension brackets break on them? One of my spring shackle brkts on the passenger side rear broke when I was backing into my stg lot after returning home from a rally in Belleview, MI.
I had to get a temporary weld put on right where it was parked just so I can go down to factory to have it fixed permanently. My 5th wheel is a 2001 but only has 18,000 mile on it.

Timothy
06-15-2005, 09:51 PM
Hi Jim, no broken brackets here (maybe I better go look). How did you notice it was broken?

Jim forgrave
06-15-2005, 11:18 PM
I knew something was wrong when I heard the 2 tires rubbing together. When I got out to look, the bracket had partially broken loose and was fliped down 90 degrees in the verticle position allowing the rear axle to move forward. I tried pulling ahead a bit and it went back to it's normall position. And it stayed like that as I finished the back in. Will take it to factory for further inspection.

Jim forgrave
07-04-2005, 06:15 AM
Stopped at the factory after the Back Home Rally and John Smith had the frame crew inspect & finish the weld job. And while we waited, had someone take us on a tour of the towables plant. Am very happy with the way John & his staff have treated us.