PDA

View Full Version : electric mirrors

s79vette
05-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Just got off the phone with Ford and they have no idea where the rearview mirrors are powered up from. Nothing in manual and I have no paperwork on them. They ain't working and not sure about defroster next to mirror controller. Read on Ford RV2 that it may be a relay but no aux. relay exists. will start pulling relays and fuses tomorrow unless someone here has a better idea. 2003 F53 Ultra Supreme on 02 frame

2egls
06-30-2012, 08:44 AM
I am having the same issue with a 2002 Sun Voyager I purchased this week. You would think it would be a simle issue to resolve but its a head zinger. Also, my fog lights are inoperable and are on the same circuit I discovered. Here is what I have found thus far (pic included). In the forward compartment under the driver side isa group of 3 fuse blocks fed by 2 solenoids. Thefuse blocks are marked by a plaque attached to the inside floor. I found my mirror and fog lights listed on one panel, which is completely dead. One side of solenoid has power, the other does not and the switch terminal also has no power coming in. Any suggestions?

GStream40
07-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Did you check with the ignition switch/key in the "on" position?

2egls
07-05-2012, 10:36 PM
That was the first thing I did. I also checked all fuses on the original chassis plus the coach fuses. I am wondering if there is not a ground issue. I am going to jump a ground over to the switch to see if there is power and no ground.
Thanks

2egls
07-11-2012, 08:11 PM
out of the blue my mirrors got power. i have noticed now that sometimes i get power on engine startup, sometimes i do not. any ideas/