PDA

View Full Version : Leveling your RV

Deryl
09-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Hi folks,
I was just wondering about leveling your motorhome or trailer. Does everyone level theirs and how important is it to you? I have a level glued to the front and to the side of my refrigerator and I try my best to get it as level as I can. I have heard that it is not that important any more but have always believed that you needed to park level if you wanted your refer to last. I wonder now how true that is?
Deryl

earljan34
09-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Deyrl first of all welcome! If you have slideouts its very important ! I still think its important for the refer too only my opinion.

Earl

RV Wizard
09-22-2006, 03:58 AM
Deryl, It is not my opinion but a fact that it is very important to have the coach level for the sake of the refrigerator. THe cooling system is dependant upon gravity for much of it's function will tubes sloping in certain directions and if gases or liquids do not flow properly the system will be damaged and will not recover once damage has multiplied over times it has tried to operate in unlevel conditions. Good luck and take care.

treecounter
09-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Level is "good". Good for the refrigerator good for the satellite dish's good for keeping doors where you want them good for sleeping and good for making sure your tanks drain properly. Might even be good for the "accuracy" of tank monitors.`