PDA

View Full Version : generator running but no power to the coach

Sandy
06-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Okay so if you were all packed and ready to hit the road and its 90 plus degrees....

The generator starts but the coach has no power. None to the microwave, outlets or air conditioner.

We are still fairly new to the RV game. So if you were us what would you check??

Please give as much detail as possible.

Thanks much,
Ray and Sandy
In our driveway, Wisconsin.

tarheel
06-11-2012, 03:42 PM
I don't know what type of generator you have, but on everyone I've owned, there was a breaker on the generator itself. One of my coaches had two breakers and my present coach has one that looks much like a light switch sitting on the top of the generator.

rescue7
06-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Some RVs you have to plug your land line Ac cord into the generator outlet if you dont have a transfer switch.

RayChez1
11-08-2012, 11:50 PM
I have a Onan 7500 Quiet Diesel and it has a circuit breaker right on the generator itself. You also have a starting and shut down button there.

You did not tell us what brand of coach you have. It helps to have that kind of information so that we can give you a better answer.

smittythtbear
07-19-2013, 09:42 PM
That happened to me the first time I used my Friendship. I had my rig plugged in to shore power and started the generator (don't do that). That flipped the breaker on the generator, so it ran, but nothing in the rv worked. I found the switch on the generator, switched it to the other position, and all was well. It took me about 3 months, though, to find the switch on the generator. :mrgreen: Hope this helps.

GULFSTREAMER37
07-23-2013, 03:43 PM
I recently had the same thing happen to my Crescendo all was fine then one day No power from Generator, Pulled the panel off the Gen, started it and it was putting out 250 volts, went to the Transfer switch had 125 volts on each leg but not power to the panel.

The Transfer switch was not switching to Gen Power but worked fine on Shore Power.

Replace the Transfer switch 172.99 at RVupgrades.com

All is Well again.

Ted.