PDA

View Full Version : gen set for 1993 scenic cruiser

watcher1st
07-06-2012, 05:20 PM
I have just got this cruiser no instructions or owners manual. I think I know where the remote start for the Gen is however my problem is the generac Gen will no even turn over. I tried both switches. This is a propane Gen. The tank is full and valved is turned on. I also replaced the fuse on remote panel. Still nothing. I look in the electric box and there are breakers and fuses on a board but nothing is labeled. I figured its something simple just don't know where to look any help would be greatly appreciated. Hank

RayChez1
07-20-2012, 04:54 PM
I believe the generator it cranks over with the house batteries. Have you checked to see if the batteries are fully charged? Have you got power to the starter>?

I checked the chart on my 2002 Scenic Cruiser fuse box and it does not show a fuse for the generator itself. It shows a fuse for the generator slide and a fuse for the generator ajar light. But that is about it. I am not exactly sure what you are looking for, and why would you be looking for a fuse to start the generator.

If the starter is not cranking, I would start by checking the batteries first, then the starter itself. Check the oil on the generator starter to see if it has not being run without oil and it could have seized up. Get somebody to press on the generator starter while you check with a tester to see if you have current running to the starter and solenoid.

watcher1st
07-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks I figured out that it started on house batteries. I was thinking it would start off chases battery. Because when running it would power house batteries but I was wrong. Thanks again. The hard part is finding out how things are suppose to work.no instructions when I got it

RayHarkness
08-19-2012, 08:19 AM
also, quick tip..make sure ALL the battery cables connections are CLEAN..very important to for negative and ground cables to be really clean. both Terminals and the cable connector it self...
"Make Em Shiney"...reconnect, then spray on some coating you can get from auto parts store..usually red. Stops that "crud" from growing on them, which really screws things up.

good luck