PDA

View Full Version : FoxFire grease seals

snyderslake
07-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a new owner of a old camper. I recently bought a 1983 Gulf Stream Fox Fire and I'm doing some maintenance on it before hitting the road. I wanted to repack the bearings and replace the seals but I can't find a part number for the seals anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions for a part number or how to order some sort of replacement?

Timothy
07-08-2012, 11:45 PM
If you can find the axel manufacturer it might help but the seals are pretty genaric. As long as you know the hub size any rv.parts dealer should be able to help you. I really would like to.see some pics of your rig!

snyderslake
07-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Thank you Tim.

I found the drum manufacturer & part number (Dexter 8-249). It looks like this is an incomplete number though as everyone that I can find has an additional number at the end (e.g. 8-249-07, 8-249-12, etc.) I wrote Dexter and hopefully they can provide some guidance.

Pix coming soon. Thanks for the interest and help!

snyderslake
07-10-2012, 05:04 PM
I finally tracked the part number down for the seals. In case anyone needs to know they are Dexter K71-303-00 and are about $11.50 for a pair directly from Dexter. I did find them for a couple bucks cheaper on a few other sites though.

As soon as I get them replaced I'm ready to hit the road!

Picture of camper attached.

Timothy
07-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Great, I'm glad you tracked them down. The camper looks great, someone must have taken good care of it. Happy Camping!