PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer Water Heater Issue

23csp
07-10-2012, 11:35 AM
I am having a little bit of a problem… I have a new VISA 17RWD and I plugged the trailer into the house for power and water and then I turn on the gas and the gas works as the stove lights and burns as long as I want. I then turn on the water heater via the switch in the bathroom and the red light next to the switch comes on and then the water heater lights... If I go outside I can hear the propane being burnt.. This works for about 3 minutes and then the water heater stops burning and the red light in the bathroom goes out and no matter how many times I flip the switch the red light will not come back on. I then turn on the hot water faucet and I get about 3-5 seconds worth of hot water (1qt) and then the water temp is the same as the cold water faucet. I then checked all the fuses and toggled all the circuit breakers and still no red light when I turn on the water heater. I then turn off all the power to the trailer and turn off the propane and go in the house. After 30 minutes I returned to the trailer. I turn on the propane, water and the power to the trailer. I then turned on the water heater via the switch in the bathroom and the red light next to it came on and the water heater lit up. It ran for about 3 minutes and then the water heater stops running and the red light next to the switch in the bathroom goes out and I have about 3-5 seconds worth of hot water (1qt).

This morning I turned the power and the water on to the trailer but not the propane and went inside and turned on the water heater switch and the red light did not come on.

NOTE: I don’t think this makes any difference at all but all of this was done without a dual 6V batteries installed as the box I had built to hold them was not completed. So all power came via the cord to the house….

What is causing this? Am I missing something or is something not connected correctly? Does anyone here have any idea of what the problem is or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Kevin.....

Dontexas
07-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Deleted......

Timothy
07-10-2012, 08:52 PM
The red light should be OFF when the water heater is running, it comes on briefly until the heater ignites and then goes off, this is normal. If the red light comes on and stays on there is a problem with the water heater not igniting. This is for gas operation only, if you have a switch for the electric element in the camper the red light stays on to tell you the electric is on.

2egls
07-22-2012, 09:25 PM
This is a warranty/service issue you need to address with Gulf Stream directly. I am sure there is a simple solution as well. Most of the posts here are for older unit GS owners trying to troubleshoot MH/TT issues. I would think GS will answer your questions directly or replace the defective part through an authorized repair facility.
Happy Campering!!!!

Timothy
07-23-2012, 08:36 PM
This is a warranty/service issue you need to address with Gulf Stream directly. I am sure there is a simple solution as well. Most of the posts here are for older unit GS owners trying to troubleshoot MH/TT issues. I would think GS will answer your questions directly or replace the defective part through an authorized repair facility.
Happy Campering!!!!

He asked for advice and it was given. My post explained how the water heater should work as it sounds like he wasn't familiar with the heater operation. If he has hot water there is nothing wrong with it, the light does not stay on during normal gas operation.