PDA

View Full Version : Drivers seat slide interlock

Doug13589
10-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Can anyone tell me where the microswitch is located on the drivers seat,the one that is the safty for the slide.
I have the wires for the switch coming out of the floor about 2feet long and a wire shorting them together to bypass the switch .
I would like to hook the switch back up before I completely demolish the drivers seat and the slideout. I may just wind up sitting on an orange crate while I drive.
2001 sunsport 36'

GStream40
10-16-2006, 10:09 PM
On ours the switch is located under the seat on the frame towards the rear of the coach. It has a hard stiff "wire" that the seat track frame trips when it is moved toward the rear.

Ron

RJ82much
10-17-2006, 01:39 PM
I presume Ron's response was what you needed. I just had to ask: Why would someone disable the seat interlock? It is one of the few pieces of safety equipment that actually makes sense!

The purpose of most other devices is to prevent lawsuits, but the purpose of the seat switch is to prevent that long, silent ride home on said orange crate. If one wanted to improve this system, they might rewire it so that the REAR slide is not dependent on the position of the driver's seat.

How many have nearly mushed a bedroom cabinet drawer with their slide? (hand raised here)...

Doug13589
10-17-2006, 02:11 PM
The interlock on the drivers seat much have never been hooked up,I can not find anything that even looks like a switch.
THE BOTTOM OF THE SEAT ALL THE WAY BACK CLEARS THE SLIDE,BUT THE BACK REST HAS TO BE ALL THE WAY FRONT , OR AT LEAST STRAIGHT UP for the slide to clear .
Maybe I'll have to get an old millk stool

GStream40
10-17-2006, 02:33 PM
How many have nearly mushed a bedroom cabinet drawer with their slide? (hand raised here)...

Knock on wood, We have never damaged anything on the motorhomes, BUT I did break a cabinet door in half with the LR slide on our 5th wheel we use to have. :(

Ron

GStream40
10-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Maybe I'll have to get an old millk stool

You probably will if you don't have the seat out of the way when the slide is moved in or out. :roll:

Ron