PDA

View Full Version : Draining Fresh Water Tank

stargazer66
02-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Is there a faster way of draining the fresh water tank? Currently I just open the low point valve. It takes days to drain the 75 gallon tank. I have read my Owner's Manual for the procedure to drain the fresh water tank, but the Manuel only addresses the draining by referring to a diagram (13.A). However, it is just a drawing of a water pump. What am I missing? Thanks,

03heritagerider
02-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Mine has several drain points...Inside the compartment with the water connections, inside the compartment with the manifold and inside the compatment where the tank is visible.

If it's really that slow, you can drop a siphon hose into the top of the tank to speed the process.

stargazer66
02-23-2013, 08:04 PM
03heritigerider...Thanks for the response. I'll start looking a little closer tomorrow for these valves. You may have solved one of my other questions. Next to my city water fill is a water-faucet style valve that so far I haven't investigated. I'll let you know what I find out! Again, thanks.

RayChez1
02-23-2013, 08:33 PM
There is a faucet on the water fill compartment. Just connect a hose to it and pump it out with the water pump. It is fast and you can water your plants or grass with the water. But that is the fastest to drain the 100 gallon tank. Then for a complete drain of the lines Gulf Stream coaches have a manifold where all your water lines connect into it. On the bottom of the manifold are some drain plugs. Open them up and the water will drain from your water lines.