PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed - Battery Monitor and Auto Gen Start System

howermj
10-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Hello all,

As of today, I'm the new (proud) owner of a GS 06 Tour Master T40. Looking for advice on a battery monitor/auto generator start system so that my house batteries (the ones that run the fridge) don't run down. My former 2000 Scenic Cruiser didn't have a dedicated inverter/batteries, so I'm a bit at a loss.

I do admit, this 22 CF GE residential fridge rocks!

Lots more questions coming....

pgirardet
10-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Hi
What kind of inverter-charger do you have? My 2006 crescendo has a Xantrex RV2012GS and it has a generator auto start feature.
Paul

howermj
10-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Paul,
It looks like a Xantrex Freedom 458. The first 2006 TM I looked at had a generator auto start panel, so I thought it was standard equipment. This one doesn't seem to.
v/r
Mike

tarheel
10-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Here's what I bought for my 07 Tourmaster - Wireless Auto-Start EC-30W for Onan Generator. I found mine at a Cummings dealer and it was around $500 at the time. It was easy to install and works very well to monitor your inverter batteries and start the generator when the voltage drops to your minimum setting. It also has several generator monitoring functions. The most recent price I've seen for the system is close to $600 which includes the price of a required wiring harness.
Dick

howermj
10-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Paul and Dick,

It looks like I'm going with a Xantrex 84-2064-00 AGS module to match my inverter. It should fit nicely in my power panel.

Thanks for the input.

Mike

Frutza
10-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Mike, keep us posted on how the auto start works and install, I am looking at that model also, for my Xantrex Rs3000 it shows a port to connect to the auto starter, but the auto starter diagrams dont show a connection of the two, or I'm missing it,either way let us know, are you planing on hooking it to your thermostates? thanks
Mike

RayChez1
10-17-2013, 07:56 PM
I have auto start on my Scenic Cruiser, but I do not have a panel like some of you describe. When my batteries drop to around 11.5 volts it has started a couple of times. Do not ask me how it works, but it is there.]

I have the Xantrex 458 Freedom inverter/charger. I believe it is a 3K watt inverter. I never leave my invertor on all the time. I just use it when dry camping. But I do not have a residential refrigerator to worry about if the power goes off. My Norcold 1200 LRIM set on Auto will switch to propane automaticly if it detects no AC power.

Most of our camping has full hook ups since we belong to TT, Naco, Rpi, and leisure Times.

But like now we are going on a Gulf Stream International club rally and then caravan to Death Valley we will be using our generators and inverters while at Furnace Creek for several days.