PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure - Tourmaster

tarheel
10-17-2013, 06:29 PM
When I purchased my first motorhome, I followed the advice of some and had the coach frequently weighed and aired the tires to match the weight. I began then hearing the various arguments as to the proper pressure to carry in MH tires. It became a hassle to continue this procedure, so I began using a standard pressure that gave me a safety factor in case the coach was not properly loaded, etc., and never noticed any difference in the ride of the coach. I have been doing this with the last three motorhomes. I presently have 275/70/22.5 tires on my Tourmaster and run 115 psi in my front tires and 110 psi in the rear. I would like to know what other Tourmaster owners are doing in this regard and what pressures you are using for this size coach.

rescue7
10-17-2013, 07:14 PM
I run 115 in all tires. Turn on the tire monitor before I leave if all the tires are within 1 pound nothing else to do but drive off.

Don

howermj
12-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Don,

Do you use the onboard air in your white bay to fill tires, or do you have a standalone pump? We are leaning toward the latter, but haven't decided on a specific brand of pump yet.

rescue7
12-06-2013, 08:30 PM
I bought a small pancake compressor rated at 150 psi from home depot.

howermj
12-30-2013, 09:29 PM
Don, thanks for the idea. My brother-in-law, a professional welder, suggested an approach he used on one of his coaches with great success.

He permanently installed an under-chassis fixed air line (made of steel piping) which ran to each wheel well. When he needed to air up, he connected a flexible hose from the air block to the piping system, and then used a shorter hose to air up each tire.

Weighty? Not too much, but dirt cheap and very convenient. We are considering it for our summer mods. I'll post her silts here if we do it.

Arthur Hayes
12-31-2013, 11:50 AM
We are ver close, I run with 110 psi in front and 95 psi in the rear. Have almost 40 K miles and tread wear is even.