PDA

View Full Version : Ice Maker

Ultra Supreme
10-22-2013, 01:51 PM
How do I winterize my ice maker? If it is by turning it on and making ice, than does the freezer have to be at a certain temp before it will call for the antifreeze to go into the ice maker? Help!

2006 38ft Gulfstream Sun Voyager V-10
Toad-2001 Jeep TJ

RayChez1
10-31-2013, 11:06 PM
I never have had to do that because I live where it does not get that cold, but you living in Canada that is a different story. I would disconnect the water line to the ice maker and blow it with a air nozzle to get the water out. Not sure about the Voyager, but on my coach it has some drain valves where you can drain our lines. On my coach they are located where the water manifold is located.

GStream40
11-01-2013, 09:42 AM
How do I winterize my ice maker? If it is by turning it on and making ice, than does the freezer have to be at a certain temp before it will call for the antifreeze to go into the ice maker? Help!

2006 38ft Gulfstream Sun Voyager V-10
Toad-2001 Jeep TJ

Living in Ohio, I winterize my icemaker at least once a year, sometimes more if we use it during the late fall/winter months.
What I have always done is disconnect the water in line to the electric valve and also the out line going up to the icemaker. These are both disconnected AT the electric coil valve at the back of the refrig that is
accessed at the vent on the side of the MH. I use an air compressor just to blow air across the opening of the line going up the back that I unhook at the valve out side. I leave both lines unhooked for the winter.
I then pump RV anti-freeze thru all the lines in the coach including the line that comes from the supply to the line that I unhooked to the "in" side of the electric coil valve for the icemaker. On my coach there
is a manual shutoff valve on the supply line for the icemaker that I shut off and use it to control the antifreeze.

Hope this is clear, Ron