PDA

View Full Version : Adding a bed in Visa 19 RGU

ROTHARCH
11-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Recently bought a 19 RGU. Very happy with it. Everything works as designed. Had a bit of a learning curve but got it all figured out, except how to re-configure the L shaped dining table to add an air mattress so that our grandsons can come with us. Anybody done this or knows how? Much appreciate some help.

harry2
01-18-2014, 08:13 AM
:D well here what i did ,ils put picture on if i can,ils post more on a second post :wink:

harry2
01-18-2014, 08:19 AM
ok here more :D ,i use a mufler pipe that i had neer by, but i am planing to buy a real table pole and cut it .. :idea:

ROTHARCH
01-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Hey, thanks so much. I kinda figured that was the best way to do it. I plan to do it just like you showed in your photos, but I will add a few dowels into drilled holes on the support bar on the side wall of the storage cabinet. That should help prevent the assembly from falling off the bar.

thphelps
02-24-2014, 03:20 PM
I wondered how one converted the bench into a bed. My bench in a 2011 RGU does not form an L, but ends straight into the center wall. I have never seen a floor plan like mine anywhere. Scratch my head on that one. The framework of the storage under the bench is not very strong, so be careful. They had to get the weight down somehow and lightweight cabinetry was one way. My bench does not have the wood strips along the edge that the other person installed to support the bed board. Nice job though.

ROTHARCH
05-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Hi all. Built the bed like in the photo but added 4 1/4" diameter dowels set into drilled holes in horizontal bar, to keep the new assembly tight to the side of the wall. I used a 1X12, sawed a radius at the exposed corner, then put edge banding on all sides. For the leg, I used a 1X2 and a simple hinge. Did not use the table top because the cushion pads extend beyond it, but cutting the 1X12 base to match the long dimension of the pad is perfect. All in all, total cost was less than $20. Looks nice, easy to store under the bed, strong enough to support both my boys.

jackli
06-07-2014, 04:42 AM
The book printing in china (http://www.zrhprint.com/) have the good sources about the printing products,you can have a look at.