PDA

View Full Version : FirstTimer

JimBonnie
11-12-2013, 07:31 PM
My wife and I just purchased a 2002 SunVoyager . The seller assured me the rv has been winterized and I believe it because it was 10 degrees when we picked it up and nothing seems frozen or unusual. It will sit outside all winter ( Minnesota ) , should I pull the batteries out or just start the unit occasionally ? We plan on using maybe once later this year for a practice run and then a trip to North Dakota next summer then onto Az next winter . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

RayChez1
11-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Wow! You are in real cold country. Lines should have anti freeze in them or blown out. You never mentioned if you are going to be hooked up to shore power. If you are, then your batteries will stay charged and will not freeze, but if you are not charging the batteries, then I think if the coach is going to set through the winter months, I would take the batteries off and have them in a place where you can hook up a charger to them every so often. Batteries will freeze if not hooked up to a charger. Charging will keep the batteries warm.

JimBonnie
11-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the info Ray. I was thinking the same thing.