PDA

View Full Version : Radio repair

texas2some
12-15-2013, 02:28 PM
I bought a 2011 23 RBK this past fall and am wondering where cAn I get service for the radio/CD player. It's a "touch Audio", not sure if that's the brand name or not. CD player part doesn't work at all.
Any help?
Mic

tinapetel
12-16-2013, 05:19 AM
Has anyone found a better quality replacement for this radio/cd/dvd player? We are on our 2nd one of the type originally supplied with our 2011 Visa. Neither has worked satisfactorily.

philabele
01-04-2014, 03:46 PM
We also have a 2011 Visa 23RBK and experienced several issues with the "entertainment system." Having done a little research on the topic, my suggestion would be to trash the unit and replace it with something more reliable. There are several on the market, and a little research on eBay should give you some options. The 2013 Vista Cruisers (formerly Visa) have a different, newer version of the Touch Audio radio, but it's not much better for reliability. As I recall, the Touch Audio AM/FM/CD/DVD unit is less than $100, so it's really a throwaway rather than repair.

texas2some
01-21-2014, 05:04 PM
I finally got through to Gulf Stream and found out that they buy those radio/CD players by the container full. She told me that no one repairs them and not to send to back to GS because they don't have a repair capability.
So I bough a re-manufactured JENSEN AWM970 on fleebay. I needed to enlarge the hole by 2 inches and using a trim router from harbor freight, got it fit and installed.
Far more capability than I'll ever use but it looks good and sounds fine.