PDA

View Full Version : brake recall on freightliner chassis

BikerBilly
01-01-2014, 08:27 PM
got a letter from DaimlerTrucks, who own Freightliner custom chassis, that my 2006 Crescendo has a brake re-call. Apparently the Bosch brake calipers experience piston growth so they don't release all the way, overheat, and may kill me. I took this bus to the Freightliner dealer two years ago, they have since refused to work on RVs, with a sticking brake issue, I have been having to pull the pedal up with my toe after any hard stop to get the brakes to release, They couldn't find anything wrong. This is great! now maybe I will have real brakes and can put the rubber pad back on my pedal! The recall is for freightliner chassis from 2005 to 2011 and is campaign number FL628A

the campaign phone number is 800-547-0712 7 am to 4 pm

Beaufort NC
01-02-2014, 07:38 PM
My 2006 crescendo is built on a Workhorse. Best news I've had since I got the thing!!! :D

GULFSTREAMER37
02-02-2014, 10:39 AM
got a letter from DaimlerTrucks, who own Freightliner custom chassis, that my 2006 Crescendo has a brake re-call. Apparently the Bosch brake calipers experience piston growth so they don't release all the way, overheat, and may kill me. I took this bus to the Freightliner dealer two years ago, they have since refused to work on RVs, with a sticking brake issue, I have been having to pull the pedal up with my toe after any hard stop to get the brakes to release, They couldn't find anything wrong. This is great! now maybe I will have real brakes and can put the rubber pad back on my pedal! The recall is for freightliner chassis from 2005 to 2011 and is campaign number FL628A

the campaign phone number is 800-547-0712 7 am to 4 pm

I just had mine done last week, 2007 Crescendo 378 FRED Frieghtliner Chassis.

Never had any issues with the brakes, I put over 12K on this last year.

19K on the Clock

They installed 4 new Loaded calipers (includes Pads) and new fluid so My brake system is Brand new now. :D :D :D

BikerBilly
02-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Gulfstreamer37, Do you like the FRED chassis? This is my only R.V. so I have nothing to compare to, but I love it. everything underneath is pretty easy to get to, and the inside layout with the door back from the seats works great for my family. You are the first other crescendo FRED owner Ive seen here. :D

GULFSTREAMER37
02-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Gulfstreamer37, Do you like the FRED chassis? This is my only R.V. so I have nothing to compare to, but I love it. everything underneath is pretty easy to get to, and the inside layout with the door back from the seats works great for my family. You are the first other crescendo FRED owner Ive seen here. :D

Yes I do, I'm impressed with the Performance, and fuel mileage.

I pull a 10,000 lb. trailer behind it now and then.

The only draw back is in the hotter weather the fan is loud when the Fan clutch engages.