PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Gear Shifter

Sunny
02-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Hi, I just purchased a Gulf Stream Endura Super C 2008 with an International 4200 vt365. It's an automatic Allison transmission and the shifter is on the steering wheel, it does not have a park but it does has R,N, D, 4,2,1, I've driven many trucks in my time but never an automatic. So my question is the following, when I change from Neutral to drive it seems like I have to push on the shifter to put it in gear and it does seem a little stiff and I was wondering if anyone out there that has the same thing can let me know if their shifter appears to be somewhat stiff? or maybe I'm doing it wrong? Also keep in mind that I live in Canada and it's winter time so the vehicle might not be totally warmed up.

atberger1
02-10-2014, 07:57 AM
Try lubricating the linkage down on the transmission. Have someone shift (with park brake on) while underneath and use white lithium spray lubricant, This worked for me.

Tom

Sunny
02-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the advice much appreciated, will definitely give it a shot.

LabCab
02-11-2014, 09:50 PM
I had the same problem from having it sit. Lub it up on the linkage that will work. I also noticed that it is sight when it's cold and has been sitting. The no Park thing does get you. Neutral and the paking brake is all we have. Good luck!