PDA

View Full Version : We did it have us a gulfstream

Toddanddebbi
04-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Purchased a 2002 friendship drove it home last two days, did a boondock at Walmart on the way home. I know why I've seen
So many rv owners with smiles had a blast. All went well first time driving a big rig surprised that we got 10.75 miles to the gallon took our time we traveled about 550 miles. Pictures and more stories to follow, would like to thank everyone on this form for replies and tips to look for :D

Chuck v
04-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Excellent news you two -- enjoy the new-to-you Friendship Coach!

That very nice fuel consumption is not that startling when you take your time and are not towing a second vehicle. That's the beauty of the diesel. To annoy my non-RV acquaintances I am fond of stating my TourMaster's economy in terms of "ton-miles per gallon" similar to how freight trains are rated... even with the toad I can get well over 150 ton-miles per gallon. For the little Prius cars they drive, they would have to get above 95 MPG to come close to a similar ability to move weight over distance... :D

Chuck

RayChez1
04-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Congratulations on your Friendship. I am sure you will enjoy it for many miles and camping trips.

Beaufort NC
04-19-2014, 06:08 PM
Hope you enjoy your Gulf Stream as much as we've enjoyed ours over the years! Congrats!! :D