PDA

View Full Version : advice please

Tbonedtexan
05-29-2014, 09:48 AM
I am a new member here looking for advice..We are looking at a 2007 gulfstream Crescendo ,36ft with a 300 Cat.I would like to know any and all information on whether this might be a good buy.($65,000.00) (27000 MILES)Thanks in advance for your time.If this works out,you will be hearing more from me..thanks again!!

RayChez1
05-29-2014, 02:02 PM
It all depends on how the previous owners maintained their coach. Most coaches need tires after five years. The rule is that tires at five years on any coach should be changed. So check to see if the coach still has the original tires, IF the date on the sidewall of the tire is longer then five years, that means you will have to dish out right away for new tires. Average around ($3200.) You can get a good or bad coach on any brand, so that eliminates the brand thing. But RV's are either on a Freightliner chassis or Spartan. So the engine on that model you are looking at is the C-7 Cat engine. They are very good reliable engines. The transmission is a Allison 3400 series which is also bullet proof. Now as far as to where the Crescendo falls in with other Gulf Stream diesel pushers in 2007 it would be their entry level of the diesel pushers. But it does not matter what brand or level you buy, it takes a little bit of luck to get a trouble free coach. There will always be some maintenance that has to be done. I don't care if it is a Gulf Stream or a Newmar. Sometimes you pay more because of the name. But the chassis are all alike in most coaches. I have had real good luck with my Gulf Stream coach, but that does not mean some other person will be that lucky. Check maintenance records on the coach IF available. If you know the previous owner give him a call and ask questions. You also have to remember that a lot of RV companies went under during the dip recession and Gulf Stream mechanized division was no different. So Gulf Stream does not manufacture mechanized vehicles yet, they have held up building travel trailers, fivers and modular homes. The mileage it has, the engine is not even broken in. Cat engines usually do not break in until you have around 50K miles on it.

Tbonedtexan
05-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the reply,the tires were mixed,some 2006 and some 2012---apparently the previous owner had tried to retract the slide sith the bay doors up and two were damaged.It appeared to be in overall good condition.We declined ,hoping maybe that we will find a newer one at a good deal next year..thanks again for your reply..