PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect switches

Camperman
08-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Hello, I have a 2006 Sun Voyageur and I have a problem with it. Several weeks ago the Disconnect switches started giving problems. I tried to get them out but they were locked in place. I contacted GS and asked if there was some trick to getting them out. They said no. I had to apply a lot of pressure and finally the plate came off but 1 switch broke. After a few emails, several weeks and sending funds to Gulfstream I received replacement switches together with a wiring harness because the switches were not the same. I followed installation directions very, very carefully. The Chassis switch works fine, the coach does not. It will operate when the engine is running but as soon as I shut it off, the switch turns off also. Anyone have any ideas of what this problem could be and how to solve it?
I disconnected the coach batteries and tested them and both are a little over 5 volts. I tried to charge them but for some reason my charger wouldn't work on either one and just showed error message. I don't know if that is a fault of the batteries or the charger. I plan to give it a good run tomorrow to make sure the batteries are fully charged to see if that makes a difference. I checked all the fuses I can find including the ones with the disconnect solenoids; all are fine. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks.
Mark