PDA

View Full Version : New 2015 Vista Cruiser 17RWD owner observations

cankicker
09-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Hello!
My wife and I are first time RV owners, and looked at several smaller, easier to tow models prior to purchasing including the Forest River Rpod (which has a loyal owner club following), and some fiberglass (casita, egg, etc.). Nothing over 20' since we are mostly short term campers (a few days at a time) and intend on dry camping most of the time with our astronomy club in open fields and mountain tops.
We chose the Vista due to better layout and creature comforts such as a dry bath (shower does not soak everything), increased interior height overall, power awning and tongue jack, dual propane tanks, etc....
Like any other ultralight, the manufacturers really mean thin and flimsy, but such is the case with most TT's I looked at. The Lance 15 was really nice, but really expensive.

The RPodders have a great forum. I would be interested in knowing if there is any interest with other Vista or Visa Cruiser owners in the NE/Mid Atl US (MD, VA, DC, PA, DE) on starting our own rallies/tech sessions to maintain/upgrade/pimp our RV's :lol:

I am a Good Sam Member and can be found on the Standby Sam help list.

JD

philabele
10-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Have you discovered the Visa and Vista Cruiser pages on Facebook? There are many owners who have been sharing information for several years.

cankicker
10-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Hi, thanks for the reply.
Yes I have, but it hasn't been updated since Dec 2011. Unfortunately, not a very active community :(