PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Gulf Breeze Sport

creekfield
10-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Hi! I've owned a GB Sport for exactly 4 days and I'm loving it! I do have one question though. As soon as we got the GB, we headed up to the mountains to see the color, it was beautiful! The only problem I encountered was this annoying sound coming from the fridge or around the fridge.. It would come on for 3 seconds and off for 10 seconds, then on for 3 seconds and off for 10 seconds and on and on and on..all night long! It was quiet but at night, it was enough to drive me batty! It sounds like a cooling fan, but, I don't know. I'd hate to think I have to wear earplugs to sleep at night! Got any ideas?

cankicker
10-28-2014, 07:09 AM
That is odd.
Were you in a park connected to AC, or running the fridge on propane? Is the fridge on auto or gas?
Mine goes through some cycles when first turned on awaiting a steady stream of propane (that may take a couple of hours if the lines were purged). So we keep our food in a cooler with lots of ice until the freezer fins begin chilling.
We also use a mini fan on the bottom of the fridge to circulate the falling cool air and it seems to works as advertised: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/it ... itch/38134 (http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/fridgecool-fan-with-on-off-switch/38134)

creekfield
10-28-2014, 06:18 PM
We were in a park and on ac. The fridge was on auto, so on ac. Can't figure it out either. The fridge cooled and freezer froze just like it should. Could it be the converter or inverter? I don't know enough about electricity or the inner workings of appliances to know.

GStream40
10-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Sounds like it is the coil cooling fan for the frig. We have one on our frig in the motorhome, it was factory. It comes on and off to cool the coils/area to vent the hot air. It makes very little noise and
doesn't keep me awake, but neither does a train.

Ron

creekfield
10-30-2014, 08:54 PM
Thanks, I think you are right! I'm just a VERY light sleeper Guess it's earplugs for me!

jeg1944
10-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Creekfield, I'm surprised that you could hear anything over the Air Conditioner. Noisest darn thing I've ever heard.

creekfield
11-10-2014, 08:14 PM
We were in the mountains on a very cool night! No ac! Prior post I meant the fridge was on electricity. Sorry!