PDA

View Full Version : ameri-lite fresh water tank filling and draining

lotsip
12-30-2014, 08:13 AM
Got a couple questions about my new ameri-lite 218mb. Why does the fresh water tank fill when i hook up the city water? Just hooked up to city water at my first campsite in the new trailer and i don't want water in the tank! Also, is the only drain for that tank under the sink side, where there is a red and blue drain hose. ? I got some water from the blue hose, but, then it stopped with the tank still almost full . I did notice what looks like a drain plug inside the trailer at the end of the tank........tried turning it, very hard to turn, but it turned, not sure which way to turn it.............wish the manual was helpful. ;(

atreis
12-30-2014, 05:29 PM
The freshwater tank shouldn't fill - there's a check valve at the city water inlet connection that should prevent this. It sounds like this check valve isn't working on your trailer and needs to be replaced.

The blue and red water hoses are low point drains - mainly used when winterizing the trailer to drain out water or antifreeze. The white valve at the end of the freshwater tank is the one you want to use. You'll have to have someone stand outside and let you know when water comes out (or turn it a quarter turn, go check, turn another quarter turn, etc.. until water comes out). Even so it won't allow ALL of the water to drain from the tank, just most of it. It won't hurt anything to have that little bit left in there though.

If it's any consolation, the manual is neither better nor worse than most other brands. :)

klplate
03-18-2024, 10:00 PM
I have a 2004 Gulfstream Amerilite 24’. Where are the low point drains on the exterior of the rv?