PDA

View Full Version : wind noise from door

trickto322
12-09-2006, 12:41 AM
Our door has wind noise, which is not bad in warm weather however we were in CT when it was cold and DW was almost frozen solid (good news bad news) and solutions?

trickto322
12-14-2006, 10:02 PM
:( WOW I must be the only person who has a door that does not fit right. Thank all of you for all your help.

djqualls
12-14-2006, 11:23 PM
I don't know why..But I thought this had been addressed.

Mine doesn't have any leaks, but I have read that you can adjust the striker post that will make the door shut tighter.

Another solution is to put some adhesive backed weatherstrip around the door in the area that is leaking the air and making noise. If you can't exactly tell where it is leaking them run water around the door and try to fine the area of a leak.

If all else fails. take it in for warranty service.

Good Luck

Dave.............

GStream40
12-15-2006, 03:51 PM
Really there are only two obvious solutions:

1) Weather Stripping

2) Make a complaint to your dealer and contact Gulf Stream.

I would definitely try to locate where the air is coming in at. I have heard that many times it is at the hinges, between the door and the screen door hinge.

I looked at mine and there is a black weather strip there.

Ron

floridafamilyof5
01-14-2007, 04:20 PM
we have noise in ours too....it sounds like the doors wide open at times...but i know its locked LOL

ill mention weather stripping to the hubby.

WE B RVN
01-15-2007, 03:46 AM
On the Service Repair Sign Up Form for the 2007 Back Home in Indiana International Rally is listed an Entry Door Wind Deflector. This item cannot be installed at the rally. However it is available for purchase at a discount. You may want to check it out and see if it will help. My coach is a mid entry (no noise) and have no information on this item, and I have never seen one.

Kevin

floridafamilyof5
01-15-2007, 09:39 AM
On the Service Repair Sign Up Form for the 2007 Back Home in Indiana International Rally is listed an Entry Door Wind Deflector. This item cannot be installed at the rally. However it is available for purchase at a discount. You may want to check it out and see if it will help. My coach is a mid entry (no noise) and have no information on this item, and I have never seen one.

Kevin

Ill check it out. Does anyone know of a place online to order parts for gulfstreams?? ours is mid entry as well.

Thanks for your help!!

trickto322
01-15-2007, 01:33 PM
[/b]We tried adjusting the door latch, it became very hard to close the door so we put it back the way it was. The wind deflector you spoke of sounds like an outside add on. Is it? Where can you get it?
Thanks.

WE B RVN
01-16-2007, 02:39 AM
Yes, it sounds like an outside add-on. It may or may not be an item specific to Gulf Stream only. Try [email protected] to obtain more information. Sorry, I don't know more about it.

Kevin

trickto322
01-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Emailed the service department and called no luck at all. :cry: