PDA

View Full Version : Starting engine when jacks are down and slides are out

ryananddavina
03-30-2015, 11:27 AM
2003 Gulfstream Friendship 8408 - So I am trying to figure out if I have an issue somwwhere or this is how the system is supposed to work. If I have the jacks down and the slides out and start the engine the jacks automatically come up and obviously are not level anymore. Its a real pain when either just starting the engine to keep everything charged etc or to use the air compressor. IS this the way it is supposed to work or am I missing something?

Dennis4809
03-30-2015, 05:10 PM
I use the generator if I need to charge batteries and haven't used the onboard compressor in some time.
My jacks do not retract when I start the engine although once wished they would have. Put it in gear before I realized that they were down.

RayChez1
03-30-2015, 09:13 PM
The levelers will not retract on mine when I start the Cat.

GStream40
03-31-2015, 10:01 AM
Like Ray, our jacks do not retract when we wake up the CAT and let it run during an extended stay.

Ron

ryananddavina
03-31-2015, 03:27 PM
We have the Dewalt manual system - once we are parked and level I turn the system off. Does anyone else have that system? I am not even sure on where to start trying to track down this issue.

GStream40
03-31-2015, 08:30 PM
If we start our engine and let it run, the jacks will not retract, BUT if we place the transmission in gear then they automatically retract. We have the auto level Dewald system, but our previous 2003 MH with the manual Dewald system it worked the same way, it would only retract when tranny was placed in gear with engine running.

Evidently, yours was wired wrong so that it would retract when the engine is started instead wired to retract when placed in gear.

Ron

ryananddavina
04-01-2015, 11:18 AM
So would this be something I could get sorted out at a repair shop? I have the schematics so I may look into trying to track down exactly what got crossed up..

GStream40
04-01-2015, 06:03 PM
A repair shop would probably need to have the wiring schmatics for the Chassis along with the schmatics for the leveling system.

Dewald might be able to help with this.

Ron

ryananddavina
04-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Yeah gonna have to get it looked at as it is a major pain the @#$! everytime I want to start the engine when I am leveled and jacks are down. Once I start it jacks come up!

Chuck v
04-22-2015, 08:20 PM
I have a somewhat generic wiring diagram for the manual control of the DeWald manual leveling system on my Tour Master that shows the parking brake switch lead (white/orange wire to pin number 3 of the harness to the control panel for some of the older units...pin 1 on my unit controller which is #140-1179) that is supposed to be grounded when parking brake is ON. For my coach, when the engine is running and the parking brake is OFF the jacks retract even if the control panel is not turned on. Maybe you have a break/open in that circuit or its equivalent...

You can download the documents from the Power Gear website... http://www.powergearus.com/products/leveling-systems

Chuck

jamador1010
06-01-2015, 10:21 PM
I have an 04 Creshendo 8356 and it also retracts jacks upon starting of engine. However, according to manual it is suppose to operate as such. I too wish it did not, and or had control of raising, but who knows maybe a good thing going forward.

Steve48
08-30-2015, 10:08 PM
My levelers (Big Foot) don't retract when I start it. This maybe a safety feature that could be reset. I would call the manufacture of your system and ask and see if they could walk you thru the programming.