PDA

View Full Version : Erratic Gas Gauge

redeye
04-07-2015, 03:58 AM
2007 GS Trio gas powered. No matter the actual quantity of fuel in tank, gauge may register actual amount or will drop to empty setting off the LOW FUEL light. This randomness occurs whether RV is parked or moving. Actual quantity reading or flat empty is completely random and erratic. Seems stuck on EMPTY a lot more often. Filling tank has no effect on randomness of reading. Suggestions? What is problem and fix?

RayChez1
04-07-2015, 02:36 PM
I would say the sending unit in the tank has gone bad. It is very common. Need to get to it in the tank and replace it and the float. Not sure where it would be or how hard it would be to get to it on a diesel fuel tank on your coach.

redeye
04-07-2015, 02:58 PM
I would say the sending unit in the tank has gone bad. It is very common. Need to get to it in the tank and replace it and the float. Not sure where it would be or how hard it would be to get to it on a diesel fuel tank on your coach.

Note that I wrote "gas" not diesel. Yeah, probably the sending unit, I agree. Dropping the tank seems to be the only fix. Thanks for the reply.

RayChez1
04-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Yes I notice now that you typed gas not diesel. But they both work the same way.