PDA

View Full Version : 23 rss Grey tank Drain line

woodchopper
04-14-2015, 02:30 PM
We bought a 2015 Vista Cruiser 23 rss, after searching to find an aerodynamic travel trailer. We found this one and really liked it. Had to travel 6 hours to get it and 6 hours back. When I was setting it up to go camping i discovered the grey tank drain line sits right on top of the axle. We are very lucky this didn't break and cause an accident. Wondering if any body else out there with this same model with this problem.

RinconVTR
05-29-2015, 10:25 PM
Post a picture...

markinNC
06-05-2015, 11:42 AM
I just bought the a 23RSS I have it into the dealer right now for a grey line issue along with a list of other items, see my post.
I'm starting to think our purchase was a mistake

markinNC
06-13-2015, 08:35 AM
Grey water line , I just got mine back from the dealer. One of the repairs they where to make was the grey water line was loose never glued. the dealer CAPE FEAR RV & MARINE smeared some silicone caulk on the joint in an attempt to fix the leak, unbelievable!!! . yes my grey line sits right above the axle. The dump valve is cracked and leaking from hitting the axle.

Another problem I found was the automotive style hose clamp used to fix a PEX clamp leak. The dealer said they don't have any of those clamps, I told him to go to lowe's and buy the tool and the clamps, needless to say they did not. It still has a hose clamp

RinconVTR
06-16-2015, 07:35 AM
You got a bad dealer...not a bad trailer. ALL RV's will have similar issues, if not worse. There's always something done wrong when these things are built, its pretty sad really.

The clamp on the PEX is actually ok though. No harm there.

The gray water drain pipe and cracked valve should all be corrected and replaced under warranty. Just don't let the warranty run out before you press the issue!