PDA

View Full Version : Advice

dhebert71
05-16-2015, 10:34 PM
Greetings all. My name is Doug and I am considering buying a 1987 Gulf Stream motorhome. It has been very well kept, is very clean and there are no signs of water damage or leaking. I have never owned an RV of any kind. Can any of you offer advice on what to look for, questions to ask, etc? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance,

Doug

Flipman
05-19-2015, 10:17 PM
Has the motorhome been sitting for a while, or was it being used alot? It is better if it was used, because if it was sitting, you will be replacing things to get it back in shape!

How old are the tires? Check the dot #s for the manufacture date, anything over 7 years will need to be replaced!

I bought a 1986 Tiffin Allegro coach in 2010, with low mileage, and had to put about 10 grand in it, starting with tires!

dhebert71
05-20-2015, 09:02 PM
The tires are brand new, less than a year old, and it has about 64,000 miles on the engine. I ended up purchasing this thing. I may be back with a bazillion questions, but so far, just getting it prepped for a maiden voyage...Well, our maiden voyage with it.

RayChez1
05-23-2015, 02:36 PM
Hello dhebert, It would help if you tell us which coach you bought. Gulf Stream manufactured many different coaches, some gasoline, and some diesel. They are as different as anything could be between the two. Be more specific and I am sure you will be helped by some of our members.

RayChez